Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP playschool teachers    

HELP playschool teachers

abba
Spain

HELP playschool teachers

Hi there, I need some help from those who teach young children. Tomorrow I have to go to my daughter �s school (she is 5 years old) and I have to tell them about my job and I am supposed to do an activity. The fact is that I kow what to do with teenagers but with such young children I �m completely lost. Could you give me some ideas please? I was thinking of teaching them a nursery rhyme, but how do I do it? Do I play the CD and sing along?

Thanks a million

24 Apr 2014      

manonski (f)
Canada

When I read a book or present a song, I start by making posters/flashcards of the keywords. As I read my story, I place the flashcards on the board. 

If it �s a song, I then practice with the students and teach the gestures if there are any. We practice with the music a couple of times.

My students have scrapbooks. I give them a sheet with the miniatures of the keywords and I ask them to copy the words by looking at the posters. We paste the sheet in the scrapbook. Most of the time, I add an extra activity that I do the next class.  For example, if I read a book about winter, I �ll prepare an extra sheet that will present the other seasons. But it can also be a sequencing of the story for me to check if they understand.   It usually takes me 2-3 periods to do all that.

If you have a book or a story in mind, I can check if I have the material to help you.  Just pm me.

24 Apr 2014