Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TOYS    

TOYS

Greek Professor
Greece

TOYS

Good Morning Everyone... I was wondering if the (toy images) below have a specific name? I mean... I know it is a house... and the slide... but I am wondering are they called toys or do they have another name.. Thanks

30 Apr 2014      

joy2bill
Australia

The house is called a Wendy House in Britain and a cubby house in Australia. The others could be called play gyms. When I was young ( a million years ago) they were called jungle gyms.

30 Apr 2014     

Greek Professor
Greece

thank you...

30 Apr 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Hi GP

My child care students have to learn the names of these.  I get them to google child care/day care/preschool/kindergarten equipment.  They often have different names and some of these names, some branded, include:

Overall name: outdoor/indoor (play/playground) equipment
Set/type name: activity sets, play sets, climbers, swing sets
Individual name: pic 1 combo pieces - pic 2 slide - pic 3 playhouse, cubby, clubhouse 

Cheers

Jayho

30 Apr 2014     

douglas
United States

This might help they are a big maunfacturer of these items and call them climbers and playhouses:

30 Apr 2014     

Greek Professor
Greece

Thanks guys..

30 Apr 2014