Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What happened to our playful community?    

What happened to our playful community?

isa2
Austria

What happened to our playful community?

Hi everybody,

I am wondering what happened to our contests.
Easter time has passed, everyone (at least I suppose so) is back at work  but our games do not seem to return to the forum.

Well, I do hope that after the weekend to come there will be more of the familiar contestants around to start a new round of fun.
I am already looking forward to it because I miss the games. (Seem to be addicted Wink)

Have a nice weekend.

2 May 2014      

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

You are absolutely right, contests have been great fun. And I hope the winner will publish a pic soon.

2 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Isa, I fully agree. Why don �t you upload a nice picture for a caption contest? If the winner sends one too, we �ll have double fun. We need it after a hard week at work. (I realise some people work at the weekend). 

Lynne

2 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the encouragement but I will wait until Sunday if you agree as I sent Douglas a PM and declared him the (second) winner.
If there is no response I will not only start a caption contest but also a name-it game.

Best wishes

2 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Great stuff, isa. Thanks for taking this on. Clap

2 May 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

and what about the WOD contest? The ball is in Moody �s court and she has neither picked a winner nor reposted the game. Four definitions were given to her word PANTOGRAPH here . Maybe we should resume with this game too, what do you think dear friends?

3 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I think we should, oumsalsabil. Moody won �t mind, I �m sure. 

Edit: do you want to put a word on? I will be the first with a definition!

3 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

oumsalsabil and Lynne,you are perfectly right but I think we should wait until tomorrow. Perhaps some contestants may haven returned by then.
If not, I will join forces and I should be pleased to take part in your WOD game.
(only one more night Wink)

3 May 2014