Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Au pair    

Au pair

Mallerenga
Spain

Au pair

Hello!

One of my friends wants to improve his English and, as he is a teacher, we thought he could go to Great Britain or Ireland for the summer and work as an au pair. Our surprise came when we saw that you must be under 30 to apply and he is 31.

Do you know if there is any webpage I can recommend him to find a job as an au pair where age is not important?

On the other hand, do you know any webpage where you can find jobs abroad for the summer?

Thank you very much!

5 May 2014      

douglas
United States

I �m not trying to be negative here, but realistically I doubt you will find much of a market for a 31 year man as an Au Pair.  A large part of society is still pretty sexist when it comes to caring for children and your friend not only being a man, but an "older" man will probably be a "no go" for many.

That being said, here is an article that expalins the situation in a more positive way:

Just being realistic about it,
Douglas

6 May 2014