Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Your opinion about printables divided in parts    

Your opinion about printables divided in parts

omarengteacher
Peru

Your opinion about printables divided in parts

Hello! Just I want to ask something that may divide opinions here. Sometimes I see printables posted the same day, for example it says "The family - Part 1", "The family - Part 2"... it �s not a matter of KB, sometimes they can get together as just one printable, but of course it �s a clever way to get more points (the person who downloads the first part feels necessary to get the second and third parts as well). DO you think it �s fair? I know it �s not against the rules, but I don �t like that idea so much. What about you?

21 May 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Omarengteacher!

I can only speak for myself: yesterday I uploaded two ws separately because one of them was too heavy. Now, I know it �s possible to compress ws images but I lack expertise in such matters ... EmbarrassedI suppose I am getting old Wink

Cheers

ascincoquinas

21 May 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

Speaking for myself, I find that I �m much less likely to download any part of a multi-part worksheet or presentation. It �s just that much more inconvenient to put the whole back together. A single I may take if I �m only mildly interested, but a multi needs to be just that awesome or exactly what I need at the time, especially if it �s more than three parts (i.e., two days). I �m actually thinking about removing one of my five-part worksheets and trying to resubmit it as a single worksheet. I think I �ll get more points back than I lose.

21 May 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

As for me I had to divide my weather flash-cards because I got a system message about an uploading error every time I uploaded a multipage document. Such printables were not published and if it happened 3 times a day the limit of sending worksheets per day was out so I wasn �t able to send anything that day. It was possible just the next day. That is why I stopped including the black-and-white versions and the key in one file and sent just a one page document. If I had a document (e.g. flash-cards) which contained more than one page (two or three) I had to split it. It saved my time and my nerves.

As to the points, I �ve never been a point hunter (I �m a member since November 2008). I could always download anything I wanted even when I had 200 points because of the premium system.

The other reason of having many parts of a set is the  fact that they were created and sent here on different days.

And the main reason why people send two parts is that the file is too heavy even after resizing.

Besides if the set of another member consists of different parts: a picture dictionary, a crossword, tasks etc. it is more useful for me to download them separately because I have enough pictionaries but I would definitely download  the wss with exercises. And some people will need only the first part.

Natalia

21 May 2014     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

The main purpose of this wonderful site is to share learning activities, and not to trade them. Any learning activity should be complete. In other words, it should have the "theoretical" part and the "practical" one. As long as there are no issues of size, the contributor should upload the file at one go, and not by �installments �. I am of the opinion that Teachers should find their happiness in giving, rather than in receiving. Any cunning practices should be �regarded as unethical �! I personally feel so happy when my contributions are downloaded by my colleagues and used in different parts of the world. Sorry guys I meant no offense. 

22 May 2014