Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > My worksheets are removed all the time    

My worksheets are removed all the time

zahramara
Tunisia

My worksheets are removed all the time

I �m a new member.I �ve downloaded new worksheets but they were always removed.   I don �t know why. Please help me.

23 May 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

ZAHRAMRA!

Please remove the other posts, one is enough.
Thanks

@ edit: your latest ws was removed because it didn�t follow the rules of this site.

I suggest you take a look here: Rules and instructions

23 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Somebody with nul points, can �t be bothered to read the rules and taking up four valuable slots on the forum! Really!

24 May 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Just to fill in the missing bits ...

This members two worksheets on the moderators page 12 hours ago were very useful and professionally presented.  They were removed because someone reported them as having no tape script (which actually isn�t in the rules but WSs without links to audio/script are considered by many as not an ESL resource)

That is the reason that this member has no points (but they did actually get a decent amount of points for those WSs before they were reported).

I PMd the member to advise them to remove the listening section and re-upload them as they were excellent worksheets and will be very useful, especially for Tunisian teachers.  I hope they do.

Cheers

Jayho

24 May 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Dear friends, if there is not any rule about tape script why do moderators keep removing worksheets without it? Don �t you think it �s unfair? A few people decided on the forum to remove such worksheets, this decision wasn�t included anywhere, the message disappeared from the main page months ago. After that the newcomers (who maybe have read the rules carefully) upload a worksheet which doesn�t violate any rule they have read before and get their wss removed.

24 May 2014     

Jayho
Australia

This is an ongoing issue that should be addressed.

However, common sense dictates that WSs with listening tasks, in order to be useful to others, need either a link to the online audio or a transcript that the teacher can read out.  Otherwise the task (and thus the WS) is not useful to anyone but the member who uploaded it.  An easy solution would be for the uploading member to simply remove the listening section.

Cheers

Jayho

24 May 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Dear Jayho, I see your point. I think the name of the coursebook will be enough, too.

And I would also add that common sense dictates that a person shouldn �t be punished for violation of the rule which doesn �t exist.

I think moderators should contact Victor.

Best wishes,
Natalia

24 May 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Well actually, a listening text from a course book can�t be used as that does actually breach the rules, unless it is not an ESL course book.

Additionally, not all books are available everywhere.  To be useful to others, ideally it should be a web link or a transcript be provided so that the teacher can read it out.

This was discussed on the moderators page some time ago.  Anyone can contact Victor to have this issue addressed formally in the rules.

As a moderator maybe you�d like to follow through on this to have it clarified. Many would be thankful for you doing this, me included.

Cheers

Jayho

24 May 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Dear Jayho, I didn �t say a person should include the listening text from a course book, I said that a person should state the name of the course book. The unit should be mentioned too. The people who work with this coursebook and find the task useful will definitely download it.

24 May 2014