Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESSAY WRITING HELP!    

ESSAY WRITING HELP!

tugce-cenk
Turkey

ESSAY WRITING HELP!

I am going to teach my students how to write an essay.  How can I make it  easier for them? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

11 Feb 2009      

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Maybe these links may help you
Here are useful essay phrases that helped my students to write it(I don �t understand why this text looks like a link and can �t do anything about itSmile):

And here you �ll find a lot of information on how to write it and what topics to set:
In our school we first have a debate on the topic where two teams first watch a report connected to the topic, then do a reading and after that write and present arguments, then counterarguments and after that the strongest argument. Then they make essay plans at home and only after that they write the essays. That �s a lot to prepare for the teachers but it gives a good result. They practice reading, watching news(understanding spoken English),debating on a absolutely new  topic and writing an essay. After that even the weakest students in grade 6 can say or write smth on the topic.

11 Feb 2009     

saninfe
Spain

Try using examples of other essays. Use a layout according to the type of essay, I mean, if it is a description, show them examples of a descriptive essay and tell them how it is divided into the different paragraphs.
If you want I would try to provide you some examples. Just leave your email address in a private message.

11 Feb 2009     

tugce-cenk
Turkey

thanks a lot ...

11 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here are some more links. pm me your email for document materials.

11 Feb 2009