Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Anglais Euro    

Anglais Euro

evinches
France

Anglais Euro

Hello French colleagues!
I hope you are enjoying the long weekend:)
I wonder if you could help me please.... we have more candidates than usual for Anglais Euro in 4eme next year.
I �m looking for a fair (but not time consuming)way to make a selection....it won �t be possible to do inteviews!ideas
Looking forward to your ideas and inspiration,

Thanks a lot,

Esther

9 Jun 2014      

mfraczek
France

Hello Esther,
I face your problem every year! So, in order to have a fair way to select them, I use a system of points. I take into account their marks in English and their English teacher �s opinion,their marks in the other subjects (to see if they are able to cope with extra hours), their headteacher �s opinion and their behaviour. 
Hope it helps....
Have a nice sunny Monday OFF
Murielle

9 Jun 2014     

madamev
France

Hello Esther,
Maybe they could write an application letter, so that you can see how good they are and - above all- how motivated they are. Anyway, a fair system doesn �t really exist I guess... We can �t help being biased, unfortunately. I like Murielle �s idea of counting points, though. Hope you �ll find the best solution.
Good luck!
Audrey 

9 Jun 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

Well we ask our admnistration to give us  the list of all the candidates  with  all their marks and"moyennes p�r�qu�es"in a  grading  (with all their marks of the year in all the subjects)from the best  to the poorest. Then  all the English teachers of 5eme  meet and we  take 29 pupils . Generally we all agree that the first will be good candidates because their marks  show their motivation , it is only for 4or5 puplis that we need more time to decide. hope it helps!:)

10 Jun 2014