Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > HELP    

HELP

araveg
Spain

HELP

Dear friends,

Could you please have a look at theses exercises about future.
Thanks in advance

1-                                          Mary  says that she (not to come) �IS NOT COMING�������. If Peter is driving.

Peter(not to drive)�ISNOT DRIVING because he has broken his arm

2-Nrs Smith: Your cold is worse, Ann. Go back to bed and I �WILL CALL  .the school to tell them you are ill

3-Typist: Are you in a hurry for this letter, Mr Jones?. Because I (type) WILL HAVE �TO HAVE TYPED���������Mr White�s letters at 4 o�clock and if yours could wait

Mr Jones: I�d like it a little earlier that 4 if it�s possible

Typist: All right. I �WILL TYPE �..it for you now

4-                                          Why are you rolling the carpets? �ARE YOU GOING TO PAINT����. The celling? (you/paint)

No, I WILL TAKE . Them to the cleaner�s (take)

5-                                                  I hope that they (REPAIR )�WILL HAVE  REPAIRED���������..this road by the time we come back next summer

6-                                                  I wonder how Jack is getting on with the new secretary

Oh, Jack (not to work) WON�T BE WORKING���������������� here after this week. He�s being transferred.

13 Jun 2014      

yanogator
United States

Most of these are correct. In #3, "at 4:00" doesn �t work at all, so there isn �t a way to form the verb.

On #4, the response is "No, I �m going to take them to the cleaner �s", since it is already planned, not being decided at the moment.

Bruce

13 Jun 2014     

ironik
Australia

I agree, most of them are grammatically correct.
on #3, though:

3-Typist: Are you in a hurry for this letter, Mr Jones?. Because I (type) WILL HAVE TYPED���������Mr White�s letters at 4 o�clock and if yours could wait (I think this should be by 4 o �clock because of perfect tense)

Mr Jones: I�d like it a little earlier that 4 if it�s possible (there �s a typo I guess, it should have been than)

14 Jun 2014     

ironik
Australia

oh, and on 4, celling should be ceiling :) (spelling nazi :D )

14 Jun 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

...And no 1 �won �t come � works just as well.

14 Jun 2014     

FrauSue
France

On number 3, you could say "I will be typing ... at 4 o �clock" to suggest you could type her letter at the same time. You could also say "I �m going to type ... at 4 o � clock" as it is a plan for the near future.

For me, number 1 isn �t wrong as you have it, but I prefer "will not come" / "won �t come" because of the "if".

14 Jun 2014