Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > doubt     

doubt

al2018
Argentina

doubt

Hi! Since I �m new at this website and I really enjoy being part of this community I don �t want to make any mistakes as regards the material I can use in my ws.
That �s why I thought that it was better to ask first. Here it goes:

Is it Ok to use different parts of different exercises taken from different books to make a  single ws?? especially for advance level ws.

One more doubt: can I include some parts of exercises taken from books in ws that I have made?

Thanks a lot!!! For the things that I have read I can see that you are very helpful when it comes to any doubt that, we, new members might have.

12 Feb 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

I think a brief quick answer to your questions is that all are acceptable.  Taking extracts from books and rearranging, adapting and editing a little is probably the way that most people get their materials - there is very little that is absolutely created from nothing. 

If you do take a large chunk then you should acknowledge the source, but this should not be the entire content of your worksheet.

The emphasis on the rules is that it needs to be your own work, but copying ideas and imitating designs to me is perfectly acceptable.

Welcome, we look forward to seeing some of your masterpieces gracing the portals of eslprintables.

12 Feb 2009     

al2018
Argentina

Thanks for your reply!
 These kind of doubts keep coming to my mind whenever I �m about to upload one of my ws.
Thanks for your help!!

12 Feb 2009