Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > advice needed    

advice needed

class centre
Belarus

advice needed

Dear teachers, could you please, give me a piece of advice on how to keep better my paper give outs ( both copies and originals) ? I am absolutely not an organized person. So to invent a system of keeping my papers in a handy way is just beyond my  power. Please, help me out!
Thanks in advance

23 Jun 2014      

FrauSue
France

A big ringbinder with polypocket wallets is the best way.

I write a red O for "original" on the top corner of all my paper printouts before photocopying. That way you don �t end up giving away the original and photocopying a poorer quality photocopy every subsequent year.

23 Jun 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

I have to admit for most of my papers, I keep a copy on my computer and print as needed when I need a new original. That works very well for all the ESLP materials I have accumulated!

For photocopies from books, I usually keep folders and put a paperclip on the original photocopy. But again, I own most of my books and can go back for a new original if needed. The notebooks sound pretty good, though.

23 Jun 2014     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Simply, put them in a ringbinder. Divide it into parts for grammar, vocabulary, speaking ...etc. Hope that helps.

23 Jun 2014     

Jayho
Australia

I�ve gone digital.  It �s much easier.

Prior to this I would keep my �masters� in plastic sleeves in two ring binders.  But it takes up a lot of space.  I only have my desk and hutch at school and there is not much room. I share classrooms with other teachers and we can�t leave anything in there.  So it all then comes home with me.  The bottom of my wardrobe is full of boxes of masters that I never look at now. 

I keep one file for my current subjects only, with plastic sleeves, and when that subject is over I discard it and rely on my digital records. If I do that subject again, I create a new file.

My advice, go digital. Scan your masters from books and save any documents you download.  The trees will thank you.

Cheers

Jayho

23 Jun 2014     

Hazza
Australia

I draw a long line or cross with yellow highlighter across the original page (does not copy when printing) and also use sleeves to store but try and keep a copy on computer.

23 Jun 2014     

ttuffl
Korea, South

Sorry its not a solution but I just want to say that I have the same problem.

I have documents in English folder (the top folder) on my zen book and my old laptop.
Of course there are sub categories underneath but it �s hard to manage
so I just keep storing everything by date order (folder names are month of the year).
Some of files are stored in Google drive some are in different web cloud. 
I also have bunch of paper handouts out of the files I have. 

It �s a kind of personality so the tips from organized people aren �t much helpful.
I gave up dreaming of having my own well organized filing system. 

23 Jun 2014     

karagozian
France

I went digital. It �s much easier as i work in the same conditions as Jayho and also in two different schools. 

24 Jun 2014     

class centre
Belarus

Dear friends! thank you so much for your tips! I can use all of them I guess - getting digital ( in my PC I �m the same mess), marking the "master" page ( I cut off a corner of it), files, subfiles etc. all you have advised. If someone has anything else to offer - I will also appreciate it.
Yes, Ttuffi, it �s a kind of personality, but I have to do something about it. :)))))

24 Jun 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I have printed materials that go with particular courses for several grades (self made or matching ones taken elsewhere). I store these activities in ring binders labeled with the number of the grade. I use 1 ws per pair (except for the tests) and the students do the activities in their notebooks so I collect the wss when the activity is done and they go back to the binder again and can be reused many times and, because the curriculum is more or less the same for each grade, I can use them for years. I have to say that I usually get small groups 8-12 students in general so a set for a group would be 4-6 wss. I have bigger groups in Business English - 16-23 ss.
I also have a couple of binders that have a name to store wss for a certain topic like "English-Speaking Countries", "Songs", "Leisure", etc. 
You �d think that the binders take too much space, but actually they take up just 2 shelves in a bookcase in my classroom.

24 Jun 2014