Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Talk at a symposium    

Talk at a symposium

Vickiii
New Zealand

Talk at a symposium

I want to talk at a symposium.  This is my very first time.  It is a symposium about ESL.  I have no idea what to talk about.  Any ideas, topics.  I will of course develop them myself.   Could any of you help me? Thank you.  by Cristina - on another discussion line 27th september.

Hi Cristina.  I am sorry i did not see this question before.  I am sure there are plenty of people who would like to put forward ideas - hence i have copied and pasted your comment.

One of the topics close to my heart is grammar versus doing.  Should we be teaching our children a whole lot of grammatical rules - or should we have the children talking, reading, listening and writing.  What is more important - they be more grammatically correct than a native english speaker  or they be able to get across a message. 

I would love to hear peoples opinion on my topic - and also see suggestions of topics for Cristina�s symposium. 

2 Oct 2008