Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > I need advice    

I need advice

Effedi
United States

I need advice

Dear colleagues,

last year, as a listening activity, I saw with my students the wonderful BBC series "Sherlock". It was excellent and they liked it a lot. Are there any other tv series you would suggest to me? Could you suggest any quality and intersting tv series in English suitable for teens? Thank you in advance.

25 Jun 2014      

Manuhk
Hong Kong

If they liked Sherlock, they �ll most probably like Dr Who and Jekyll too (both written by the same writer/team who wrote Sherlock), Luther is another good one. For documentaries, nothing beats David Attenborough �s many series.
Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and �Allo �Allo are oldies but goodies when it comes to comedy.

25 Jun 2014     

Effedi
United States

Thank you very much! You are precious :-)

25 Jun 2014     

firstime
France

How old are they?

25 Jun 2014     

Effedi
United States

I have got seven classes, from 11 to 14 yrs old

25 Jun 2014     

firstime
France

Really, really teenage stories in MY SO CALLED LIFE. Old (1990s), but efficient! ;)

25 Jun 2014     

Effedi
United States

Thank you firstime! Did you like it? Why?

25 Jun 2014     

firstime
France

I watched it when I was a teen myself! Wink It �s about the difficult period between childhood and adulthood. First love, first kiss, relationships (with parents, friends, teachers); and also this attraction to dangerous behaviours (alcohol), and the discovery of the self (one of them is a homosexual)... I guess you �d have to skip some parts if it �s too much to bear , but the teenagers can clearly identify with the characters.

25 Jun 2014     

Alyra3
Canada

Let �s see...if they liked Sherlock they may not like what I will suggest but you �ll have different students eventually so I �ll tell you my suggestions anyway.In Canada we had Degrassi (1980 �s or 90 �s) and Degrassi the Next Generation(2000 �s) that were popular for a while. Personally, some of my students love GLEE....but then again I work in a school that is specialized in music.....but seriously although Glee is pretty much a musical, it talks about a lot of subjects: teen pregnancy, bullying (the Glee CLub is made of the underdogs of the schools who are bullied), homosexuality, differences, stereotypes, self-esteem problems, eating disorder and lots more. Season two is pretty intense on the bullying side.
Most songs used in Glee are covers but there are some original ones like "Loser like me" which talks about bullying.

25 Jun 2014