Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > DAILY ROUTINE IN THE WORLD     

DAILY ROUTINE IN THE WORLD

Vanessa G L
Spain

DAILY ROUTINE IN THE WORLD

Hello everybody. I want to do a project with my students about the daily routine in the world and I need some help.

can you tell me routine activities typical or characteristic of your country?. for example in Spain some pople have a "siesta"

thanks in advance

12 Feb 2009      

avrupalikoleji
Turkey

Hi,I am an English teacher from Antalya,Turkiye.I �ve just read your mail and I �d like to help you if I can.For example ,I live in a big city and 5 days a week we work,on Saturdays and Sundays  we rest or have fun,but in the villages or smaller towns it �s different,it �s always quiet and peaceful,the villagers work on their fields and farms.My city is very hot and dry in the summer so at noon the shop owners sometimes close their shops and rest until 4 o �clock,but not all of them.I think  routine activities are the same all over the world,busy weekdays and relaxing weekends.
Take care, bye

12 Feb 2009     

al2018
Argentina

Hi! I �m from Argentina and maybe I can give you some ideas to use.
Here, in Argentina, some people also have a "siesta". We get together with our family on Sundays to have lunch.  We eat dinner at around 9:00 or 10:00 pm everyday. On Sundays men go to stadiums to see football matches in the afternoon (We are huge fans of football!!) We drink "mate". Most people work from 9am to 5pm.

Good luck with your project!! Bye

12 Feb 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi!

We don �t have the "siesta"in Portugal, but people here have the habit of having lunch very late at weekends (I think this happens with most people here).
Dinner time and lunch time on weekdays vary from person to person.
We also drink too much strong coffee and especially after lunch (and this is NOT a habit it �s an addiction!)

I hope this will help you
Greetings from Portugal

12 Feb 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

I �m from Russia.
Some people here like to have their evening tea quite late and they can drink it for hours, especially on weekends. They can eat tonns of sweets, cookies, pies etc. with it.
Most people don �t go to pubs or clubs during the week, but on Friday most companies close an hour earlier and these days are sometimes called "pitnitsa" instead of "pyatnitsa("pit � " - to drink + "pyatnitsa" - Friday) because people gather at home, in the boulevards, parks or at restaurants and celebrate the end of the working week.
Though, of course, it �s not true for all people.

12 Feb 2009