Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > answer key    

answer key

kekenito
Spain

answer key

I �d like to ask people who upload advanced activities to include the answer key (if possible). I normally do and in my opinion it would be very useful. It makes little sense to include the key in the elementary level worksheets (many people do) and not in the advanced. Thanks a lot!

2 Jul 2014      

joy2bill
Australia

Wouldn �t it be great if people included an answer key with everything regardless of level. After all would you buy a book that didn �t have a corresponding answer key? Also because there can be more than one answer it helps the teacher to work out what point the author is making. I have been known to work backwards from the answers but is that just me?
Cheers Joy

3 Jul 2014     

Enid Stella
South Africa

I couldn �t agree more! I have got to the stage where I often don �t download a worksheet if no Answer Key is given. It is very time consuming to have to draw up the key. I often give worksheets to my students as homework and I always give them the answers so that they can check their work. It would be a great help to us all if answers could be included.
Greetings from South Africa

3 Jul 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I think Enid has hit the nail on the head - it is very time consuming to draw up a key. 

3 Jul 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

However, it �s much more time consuming to draw up a key if you don �t already know the correct answers. It really doesn �t take a lot of additional time to draw it up when you create the worksheet.

Some worksheets don �t lend themselves to keys, though. Answer keys should be encouraged rather than required.

4 Jul 2014     

morenopalomares
Spain

Another aspect to point out: I thkin it is not "fair play" to upload the worksheet and the answer key as separate contributions, unless you have forgotten to do so previously.

4 Jul 2014