Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why I can not change my Avatar    

Why I can not change my Avatar

you_per7
Algeria

Why I can not change my Avatar

dear colleagues I am trying to change my Avatar for a few days but in vain??
I want to replace it with this one

could you help please??

10 Jul 2014      

Peter Hardy
Australia

Hi You. You should be able to edit your personal details including your avatar in  �Edit my Account �. I �ve done it without a problem, but computers and the Internet are not always working perfectly.  Having said this, are you really thinking this side is the right place for political statements? My heart goes out to the Palestinian people, especially as I had quite a few Palestinian refugees in my classes, but apart from sending a heart warming message to our colleagues who work in that area of the world, I wouldn �t use this site for any other political statement.  Just a thought. Cheers, Peter.

10 Jul 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

Thanks Peter, but it doesn �t work.
Do you think it �s politics to express your humanity in a tiny silent picture here or there. I guess you know that this site is like a family and some members of this family are being brutally killed and terrified,everyday day and every hour, during this month (the month of fasting). I was expecting you to surprise your Palestinian colleagues and change your avatar too in solidarity with them. Read what our Jewish teacher(May Allah have Mercy on him) said.

finally I would say that what I was trying to do is....
        IT IS NOT POLITICS,It IS A HUMAN DUTY
Cheers, Youcef

10 Jul 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

It looks like it worked already (we see your new avatar). If you click refresh, or close and re-enter eslp, you should see it as well. 

11 Jul 2014     

kdammers
Korea, South

Help! I don �t see anywhere to start a new post in the for a. That �s why I �m piggybacking onto this one. So, 1) How do I start a thread? 2) How do I make a shoots and ladders game? I just get an empty text-box with a notice to write and hit a particular key. How do I distinguish questions and answers? 3) Some time ago, I made a game with falling letters. For the first time, I tried playing it. I got all the answers right (not surprisingly), but at the end of the game, I was told I had no money. What gives? [email protected]

11 Jul 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

Thanks MarionG It is alright now.
kdammers you can scroll down the main page and click Start new topic . It is at the bottom of the page.

11 Jul 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m with Peter on this. We have to be careful about the politics we support on this website. What we believe in privately or for example, on our Facebook page, is another matter. 

You do realize that we have valued members here that are on both sides of this?  Do we really need to do politics here?

11 Jul 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

It is a clear proof that some colleagues here are still considering the genocide in Gaza as politics. More then 100 Palestinian have been killed with more then 600 injured with hundreds of homes destroyed!!! Shame !!!!!!
I won �t post pictures of Our sons and daughters , brothers and sisters who were slaughtered in the last four days in order not to shock you or to practice politics.but let me deprive my soul from its humanity and post this picture to satisfy you:

You can consider it as a new Caption Contest?
let me read your captions

11 Jul 2014     

karagozian
France

Will be called another genocide in some years !

12 Jul 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Sorry to say that your picture turned a human drama into a political issue indeed, Youcef. As a caption to that cartoon: "When I shoot rockets at you, it �s okay. When you do the same thing it �s wrong." We �d better take the opportunity to teach each other that bullying is bad and leads to destruction only. After all, this is an educational site. So here �s a (short) history lesson: the hatred that fuels this war started 4000 years ago when Abraham send his son Ishmael packing because he bullied his (much) younger half-brother Isaac. His wife asked him to do so, and his god told him to listen to his wife. That was the same god who told his descendants to kill each and every one of their neighbours. 2.4 million in total according to the bible. So in a way we may count our blessings. There was peace for a long time when the Jews were scattered over the world, but it restarted around 1917 when the oil became important and the English needed a shortcut to India (the Suez Canal). Nevertheless, let �s hope it all ends soon. Peter

12 Jul 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

Of course it turns into human drama as I see some people trying to refrain me from doing my ethical duty towards my colleagues (It was just a picture  not a killing machine). In addition to this, Education is not to fill our minds with words and numbers. It is a complete code of ethics which we should understand and respect. If you think it is politics to tell your pupils that killing thousands of  innocents is a crime,  so we can expect a 3rd world war.

About the caption:
The man whose hands in his pockets: Common...it is just toys for your kids. you should thank the sender.
(of course I am against killing innocents)

Let me finish with this:
�It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists do to Palestinian Arabs much of what Nazis did to Jews.�
Albert Einstein.
It seems that this Jewish scholar has learned a lot from history .
Cheers, Youcef

12 Jul 2014     

1    2    Next >