Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Kindergarten    

Kindergarten

matiasmat
Argentina

Kindergarten

Hi everyone! I �m teaching very Young students (3 & 4 year-olds) I find it quite hard to plan my lessons, I run out of ideas as regards games and some games I �ve tried out just didn �t work with them. My class lasts half an hour and we meet every day. I usually start with a hello song, currently I �m taching clothes with the group of three and weather with the group of four, I have around 30 children per group and some of them are quite misbehaved...Any useful ideas?? any contribution will help me!! Thanks in advanced! :)

20 Aug 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

some tips here
a collection of esl games here  and a compilation of resources (some of them can be aplicable to your situation)

20 Aug 2014     

sarasantos
Portugal

Hello!

I find this site quite helpful:

Hope it helps! Good luck! Wink

20 Aug 2014     

maii89
Poland

I use this site :)
http://www.mes-english.com/flashcards/recess.php

21 Aug 2014     

SaraMariam
United States

I use genki english for my little ones and they just love the games, never get tired of them. Normally you have to pay for it, but there are some free games (also if you get the newsletter, there are always some free new ideas) http://www.genkienglish.net/games.htm

I normally try to use games where they can move a lot, like running games (eg put flashcards on all the walls and have the kids run to one I tell them) or also a lot of crafting (this one may help http://www.genkienglish.net/games.htm) or little role plays (depending on their level and ability).

Sometimes I have the kids invent games themselves or ask them what games they love to play and try to adapt them.

Teaching kids can be a lot of fun, but the preparation is much more than any other class, I guess, but with the time you will get used to it and you become more and more creative and things will get much easier :)

21 Aug 2014     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

hello.
You can play this games:
1. If you teach "clothes words" - play the game " dress the papred doll" - cut a big doll out of paper and lots of pieces of colourful clothes. Say " Take a pink dress. Go to the doll ( or give it a name) and dress her". You can play in teams.
2. If you teah colours: play the game - find as many blue( green, brown, yellow, etc.) things on the classroom as you can.
3. If the kids are tired - play the game " Clap and count". They stand in a circle, hold each other hand by hand. Say - " Seven" and you start calp with your hand on the hand of the child and count up to seven and at the word " seven" the kid must put away his hand and not let his partner clap on his hand.
4. You can also play the game -" fins the lost things"( balls or toys). before the lesson hide a toy and at the lesson whn they are tired you can call kids one by one and ask them to find this toy, give them hints: " the rabbit ( bear, ball, etc.) is near the door ( by the window, in on of the boxes,etc.).
Good luck!

22 Aug 2014     

SaraMariam
United States

As for clothes there is one game I played with the kids before and they loved it. The kids all bring an extra set of clothes to the class. I throw them all mixed up in one corner of the room. The kids stand on the opposite side.
Then I call out one piece and they have to run, put the item on (it can be their own or any they find first) and run back. It gets pretty funny, when you tell them, for example, to put the coat on and later the t-shirt.

22 Aug 2014     

matiasmat
Argentina

Thanks a million for all your suggestions, it really helps me a lot! BTW I have another question for you, do you know of any good videos on YouTube that have short stories or maybe a website with flashcards from stories or worksheets to use? Thanks in advance!

1 Sep 2014