Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > American History: how to teach it in an easy and fun way? Need help!    

American History: how to teach it in an easy and fun way? Need help!

Nina Duarte
Brazil

American History: how to teach it in an easy and fun way? Need help!

Hello folks! Would anyone have some good materials or tips to share? I was requested to teach this new subject as soon as many of my students are going to US in the future. The textbook is founded quite boring and the vocabulary too sophisticated, my students are low intermediate level. Any help?

4 Sep 2014      

douglas
United States

I don �t know their ages but America Rock is fun--it is part of the Schoolhouse Rock series that was produced in the US.  See link:

4 Sep 2014     

DLMCPS
United States

A great book for low intermediate students is America �s Story a sample page is at this website. http://www.wiesereducational.com/picts/previews/LD4001/LD4001/images/Chapter-44-pg1.jpg ... .... It starts with Columbus the explorers and Native Americans and goes all the way to present day. I have the 1997 version and I use it with my ESOL 2 students in the US. Making it more interesting is the hard part making comparisons to your culture might help and projects and presentations can be fun. Good Luck, DL

4 Sep 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Liberty �s Kids might be of help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-FWHN3ljI It is a television show of American history in animated cartoon movies

4 Sep 2014     

Nina Duarte
Brazil

Thank you all! You are just great!Wink

4 Sep 2014     

alex076
Italy

Hi dear friends!
Just wanted to say that the cartoon series redcamarocruiser suggested is really great!!! I �ve just watched a couple of episodes: perfect for my students!
Thank you so much!!! :-)
Big hugs, 
Alessandra

4 Sep 2014