Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Some questions     

Some questions

florimago
Spain

Some questions

Hi there : I �d like some help with the following stuff : 1) Do you think the words " council" and "municipality" have the same meaning ? Spanish tourism brochures always refer to "councils " as "municipalities " 2)I �m working with a group of adults ( between 19 and 44) with an elementary level . Some of them would love to have a pen Pal so please, send me a pm if you are interested. 3) And yes, I know I �m very demanding today ;))). Could you please send me some easy audio files about handling with complaints ? The ones I have are very difficult for them Thanks in advance. Flori

22 Sep 2014      

Zora
Canada

No, council and municipality are not the same thing. A council is a group - i.e. "town council" - people who decide the fate of the town. (consejo in Spanish)

Municipality is a region defined by a regional/local/federal government. (municipio in Spanish)

I am thinking that the brochures are probably mistranslations of the Galician word, "concello"...

22 Sep 2014     

florimago
Spain

Thanks , Zora. I agree with you but when you see things being published ... I got confused , by the way how did you know I was from Galicia ? Haha .

22 Sep 2014     

Zora
Canada

Well, I lived in Lugo and La Coru�a for many years, studied and worked there, and I have seen brochures with those type of translations. So, I kind of guessed that it was a mistranslation from the Galician word. :)

22 Sep 2014