Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Countries and nations    

Countries and nations

akvillina
Iran

Countries and nations

Hello dear teachers.I will teach countries and nations this week.I have gathered some nice worksheets and songs.Here was great and helpful; But I wonder IS THERE ANY NICE IDEA, or any other interesting thing that I have forgotten.I think it is a good idea to come and consult some experienced or creative teachers. Do you use any special way , plan for teaching them?Do you have any special idea? Is there any special song..idiom...proverb.. For example i will use this" what is the favourite nation of a teacher?...Expla-nation"... The worksheets of this site were great..so you surely have some great idias to share with me. Thank you eslprintables.com .thank you dear teachers..specially those who i have downloaded their works... AND THANK YOU ALL, IN ADVANCE FOR SHARING YOUR IDEAS sincerely yours Mahnaz

24 Sep 2014      

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Mahnaz,
I usually start the subject with the incredibly cute video "Nations of the World" by Yakko Warner (the animaniacs.)

I ask them to listen closely and try to figure out which countries sound the same in their own language and which are very different.

Sometimes I challenge them, and tell them that anyone who can sing the entire song by next lesson will get dispensation from that next class. (nobody so far managed, even though several tried!)

(If you like I can send you the full lyrics by mail - it is only a list of names of countries, but a pain to write out)

24 Sep 2014     

douglas
United States

Cool video-but if I heard it right, some are no longer countries though (Czechoslovakia).

24 Sep 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

true, also Yugoslavia I suppose..depending on the level it can be a discussion point..
anyway, I still like it Smile

24 Sep 2014     

chuppacricri
France

For a slower version with subtitles of the song

24 Sep 2014     

colinneale27
China

Can you send me lyrics by email.

24 Sep 2014     

karagozian
France

Love it !

25 Sep 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

Great song that i will use with my younger pupils, thanks Marion and Cricri! Tongue

25 Sep 2014     

douglas
United States

I still like it too Marion :)

25 Sep 2014     

akvillina
Iran

thank you all my dears.thank you alot.

25 Sep 2014     

akvillina
Iran

I cant write with my mobile properly...also it is impossible to send a private messages..you were great i like the song I will use it.thanks. I WILL write my email to you dear Marion when i get access to my computer. I am thankfull to all and specially to you Marion.

25 Sep 2014