Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > mistake in textbook of 9th form    

mistake in textbook of 9th form

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

mistake in textbook of 9th form

Hi colleagues!  I �d like to draw your attention especially Tunisian ones to a mistake in textbook 9th form lesson 3 The generation gap : the compound adjective "dog-headed" doesn �t exist as far as I know and it should be replaced by pig-headed.
What do you think? 

1 Oct 2014      

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

This compound adjective does exist Mr. Nizarsouth.
 Here �s a definition by The Free Dictionary: Dog�-head`ed

a.1.Dog�-head`ed : Having a head shaped like that of a dog; - said of certain baboons.
And here �s a picture:

A cynocephalus. 

1 Oct 2014     

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

Mr mohammedthabet I forgot to talk about the context, in the textbook dogheaded meant to be a synonym of stubborn, unwilling to change your opinion about something, 
determined not to change your opinion or attitude . So dogheaded is not the appropriate synoym :)

1 Oct 2014     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

So you are perfectly right Mr Nizarsouth. Instead of dog-headed, you can use pig-headed, mule-headed, or bull-headed to mean stubborn / obstinate

1 Oct 2014     

Jemila
Tunisia

and what about �stationeries � in lesson4?I know that �stationery � is uncountable

1 Oct 2014