Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > images from wikihow    

images from wikihow

ELOJOLIE274
France

images from wikihow

hi,
i �ve created a new powerpoint (here �s a slide to give you an idea)

many images - those showing injuries especially - are taken from wikihow
http://www.wikihow.com/wikiHow:Terms-of-Use
i may be fluent in English but legal English is like Chinese/German/Russian for my eyes!
would you be able to tell if i can upload my powerpoint here if i mention the source of the images of course!

if I can �t i �ll keep it for myself and share it with a few of my dear eslp colleagues via PM...

5 Oct 2014      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh my word! These terms of use went on and on - complete goobledegookish legalese! Anyway, Elo, as I read it, you are entitled to use anything that people upload onto there. At one point, it says you should mention the authors, but it doesn �t say that in the section on images. So, I �m sure you are OK to use them.

The ppt looks great - get it uploaded asap! - I happen to be teaching past continuous tense at the moment.
Lynne 

5 Oct 2014     

rockthevinyl
United States

Looks like a super useful PPT - can �t wait to see it!

5 Oct 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

it should be finished / checked by tuesday i think (i need to let it rest for a couple of days before i look at it again with "fresh" eyes to see if i missed any mistake, any typo etc...)
i �ll let you know :)

5 Oct 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

The text is icensed cc 3.0 . To find out the license for the images, we have to click on each image, which brings us to the image page. There we can find the license informaiton.

Quoted from the terms of usage:

1. "We license all User Content text on wikiHow under a Creative Commons license...
  • ...Unlike text, images on wikiHow may be under different licenses and may have different attribution requirements. Many images on the site are available for republishing under a variety of licenses which are listed on the Image page of each specific image. Please consult each image for the specific image attribution requirements."

5 Oct 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

okay thanks!

6 Oct 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

here �s some good news:

when you have the word "wikihow" in the bottom right-hand corner of the image that means we can use them, transform them etc as we like! a new source of great images for our worksheets!!!

6 Oct 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

I �m glad you �ve sorted it out, so we can look forward to another great contribution. Cheers.

6 Oct 2014