Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English Club    

English Club

Hamidou2008
Morocco

English Club

Hello teachers,
    I am writing to ask for help. I am planning to start an English club in my school, But since it is the first time I will do, I still have not got a clear idea of what to include, how to start, what material should I prepare for it ... My students are complete beginners, yet I am sure this will help them a lot to develop their speaking abilities.
   So if anyone has tried it before, please provide me with some advice, techniques or anything  which may help me succeed in this first club experience.
            Thanks a million

14 Feb 2009      

a isabel
Portugal

Hi Hamidou,

I had that experience some time ago.  We used to celebrate most British and American celebrations by bringing books and magazines to school and pupils  - nowadays my colleagues take lots of pictures/drawings from the Web )- would help us decorate some areas of the school. If there wasn �t any special occasion we would bring crosswords or other light activities for pupils to have fun with English.  I don �t have any more ideas ... Good luck!

14 Feb 2009     

Hamidou2008
Morocco

Thank you very much for your messages. 

15 Feb 2009     

Hamidou2008
Morocco

hello Silke,
    Thanks a lot for showing interest. I really find it a great idea to talk with you about this subject in details. It is my first time to experience this in a public school. I will be waiting to receive anything from you.
  Thanks a gain.
  Cheers

15 Feb 2009