Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > About colour and BW versions    

About colour and BW versions

mena22
Portugal

GSmileSmiled evening Victor! GSmileSmiled evening 2U all!! I �m so happy the site is back! Thanks a lot for your hard work!

I think you �re right. There �s no need to upload a 2nd B&W version of a worksheet. When I download a colour worksheet and am not satisfied with the greyscale option , I choose the full colour version and print it in Fast draft. I save a lot of ink and the colours are much lighter. However, it seems that most people find it suitable to upload in the same worksheet the 2 versions, so there must be some advantages that I �m not aware of.

Thanks for all you do for the site and for us all!
Have a good night!
mena

16 Feb 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thanks again Victor for your hardwork in maintaining this site.  I think your idea is a great one, but I think there may be a massive  amount of older worksheets sent in, in order to obtain more points.  There may be too many worksheets to look over every day.  It is only my opinion but I really don �t think we should start sending in older worksheets in black and white.  Would this not put too much of a load on the new server?  Did I miss something about e-mail because I did not read anything about e-mail in your post.  Whatever you decide I am with it 100 per cent.  You already do far too much for us.

16 Feb 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Just to say...
well done done, Victor.
the most important thing, here, is the site; if you feel it is better not to to charge,  I absolutely agree.
Thanks, once again, for all your work.
olinda

16 Feb 2009     

missola
Palestine

thanx alot Victor for all your hard work and I totally agree with you.
If you don �t mind and if others don �t mind, I suggest that you limit the number of worksheets uploaded in one day. I think this will help alot.
It is only a suggestion and you can either accept it or reject it.
thanx again and I �m very happy that the site is working now

have a nice time

16 Feb 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

Hi everyone!!

In some cases I found useful both versions...
I don �t mind removing the colour background in order to get a good black or white ws but sometimes it just can �t be done and I can �t use it at all! but it �s just my personal use, I print colour ws (no colour backgrounds) for my private students and black and white ws for schools, I agree about saving space in the server, so if I really need a ws that I can �t modify I guess I could ask a black and white version by mail, of course it �s up to the author.

Thanks Victor for your hard work!!!!

Have a nice week!!!

16 Feb 2009     

bamarcia
Brazil

I fully agree with you, Victor. Let �s not use unnecessary space in the new server!!!
Btw, just can �t thank you enough for your time, effort and dedication, Victor!!! ;)

16 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I agree with this proposal.  The only time it would prove inconvenient not having the choice would be contributors who make the whole page one image.  I know some people prepare their work in publisher and then take a screen shot of the page, convert it to a .jpg and simply paste it into Word.  Publisher can produce much better layouts than Word, but the problem is that it cannot be edited as an image.

This is particularly true of background colours, that may look pretty, but when printed on a black printer the text merges into the colour so that it is unreadable.

I would therefore encourage those who practice this to try and use their creative talents in Word, so that their efforts can be altered, edited and changed to suit individuals.

Other than this I think this proposal is more than reasonable

16 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

I personally would prefer that wss be b+w.  It takes a long time to remove the color especially if there are fancy borders and fillers.  If there is something that I wouild like to print in colour I can add my own. 

16 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2