Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > PET / FCE self study+ teacher lead books    

PET / FCE self study+ teacher lead books

sandrina
Italy

PET / FCE self study+ teacher lead books

Hello everyone!

I �m going to begin teaching preparation course for PET and FCE. I haven �t done this type of work for a while and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for course books/ self study books?   
The Ideal book would lend itself to the classroom and self-study and not be  too expensive.
In the past I used the Gold plus Exam maximiser which I found very helpful, but   they are quite old now.
Any feedback would be very welcome (positive or negative)
Thanks in advance :-)

sandrina

20 Oct 2014      

untheaulait
France

I highly recommend the Cambridge University series Compact PET/FCE for schools - they are excellent and the format really helps to train the pupils for the exam 
Good luckSmile

20 Oct 2014     

joannajs
Poland

POSITIVE: the Objective series by Cambridge, especially the PET one is pretty packed with all kinds of exercises you can expect during the exam. 

When picking the right FCE book MAKE SURE it �s for the new version of the exam (coming January 2015) and decide if your students will be taking the regular or for schools version as in FCE there is some difference in writing assignments they have to do.

Another good series to consider, especially for FCE is Macmillan �s Ready for FCE. 

NEGATIVE: Oxford �s Result series (PET Result is very thin, not enough material to practice; FCE Result is too easy and gives the students some false sense of success, and when they do a real test they simply don �t manage). The only good thing about it is the sample Speaking Test dvds.

Hope that helps :-)

20 Oct 2014     

sandrina
Italy

Thankyou, that �s really helpful !!!

20 Oct 2014     

thanhngaviethanit
Vietnam

We �re teaching "PET Results, Jenny Quintana (2010), Oxford University Press"
It follows the PET test format. A good preparation for students � test-taking.
Hope you find it useful!

28 Oct 2014