Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > HELP    

HELP

araveg
Spain

HELP

I need your help about this exercise
Thanks in advance

COMPLETE WITH AN APPROPIATE FORM  

1-    _LIVING________(LIVE) with a family is really good to learn English.

2-   They  have always left their children ____TO DO what they want.

3-   The new theatre WIL  OPEN ________________next year but I don�t know if it __WILL BE COMPLETED_____________________ (complete) by then

4-   That�s the third time. Sam____BREAKS_______________the computer car this week.

5-   If the doctor _HADN�T HAD NOTICED_____(not notice) the lump  in my eye lastyear child, I _WOULD HAVE BEEN _____-(be)practically blind now.

6-   I don�t think this time on Thursday, we _WILLBE FLYING_(fly) to London

7-   When they got divorced, Jonh   made Mary _give________(give) back the ring he _____HAD GIVEN____________(give) her

8-   Last week all the  cows ___WERE SOLD_______________(sell) at the market

9-   Why (you/smell)_ARE YOU SMELLING_______--that perfume, Anne?

10- I __AM THINKING______(think ) about reading it, of course

11-  I ___HAVE LEARNED___-learn French  for about 12 months now. It�s really interesting.

12- I�d like __TO IMPROVE___(improve) my French before GOING__on holidays to Paris.

13- There was no point in __PROMISING_(promise) ___TO HELP__________(help) if you don�t like _TO GET______________(get ) your hands dirty.

14- After she  __HAD EATEN_________________(eat) all her dinner, she __WENT_____ to bed

25 Oct 2014      

mariec
Spain

1. LIVING 2. TO DO 3. WILL BE OPENED/IS TO BE OPENED - WILL BE COMPLETED 4. HAS BROKEN 5. HADN�T NOTICED - WOULD BE ( MIXED CONDITIONAL) 6. I DON�T THINK WE WILL BE FLYING TO LONDON THIS TIME NEXT/ON THURSDAU 7.GIVE - HAD GIVEN 8. WERE SOLD 9. ARE YOU SMELLING 10. AM THINKING 11. HAVE BEEN LEARNING 12 TO IMPROVE - GOING 13. PROMISING - TO HELP - TO GET 14. HAD EATEN - WENT

25 Oct 2014     

theone72
Russian Federation

2 if it is a mistake , and it should read LET instead of LEFT , then use bare infinitive   DO

26 Oct 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Agree with Mariec. Also a possibility for No. 13 is �getting � your hands dirty.

26 Oct 2014     

yanogator
United States

On 6, I think the intended answer might be "will have flown." Neither answer actually sounds natural because of the combination of uncertainty with a specific time.

Bruce

26 Oct 2014