Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Removed worksheets    

Removed worksheets

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

This is the reason why the authors of reported wss shouldn �t know the name of the reporter.

@MJ Misa,
You are asking me if I am a teacher, you have doubts?

Well, I am sure you are some sort of a teacher, I have no doubts.

You have some sort of a career,

because of the sneak you are, your colleagues must hate you, because you always rely on authorities.

You have mentioned the words �moderators �, �I am going to tell Victor (Admin, I guess) � which indicates to yet another of your personality traits - you are the flattering sort of a woman, insecure and always rely on somebody else.

Otherwise, you would not have jumped into this topic and reported my ws in public. It would have been proper if you had sent me a PM and we �d have discussed te thing.

But no, you consider it a teacher-wise conduct to sneak and report and then (according to your concepts) threaten :D

For gods sake, chill out.

I do not give a darn about your opinion.

And please, for any further questions, use the pm, don �t reveal your personality traits in public ;)

This was written by a person whose ws I reported yesterday, because he/ she had sent a ws with phrases copied from the web with no his/her own work added. Other moderators agreed with me as the ws in questions has been removed. In revenge he/she reported my ws. These words you can read on the forum here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=47232

The members and moderators who know me can confirm that I don �t report wss very often. I have a lot of other things to do but sometimes I do report. What �s wrong with reporting ws that breaks the rules? But once the people know who reported their wss, they will behave this way (at least most of them).

I am not going to be a part of this thread any more from now on, as my opinion is clear - make the message more clear but do not name the reporters!
Howg!
Have a nice day 

14 Nov 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes indeed, MJ Misa - QED.

Lynne 

14 Nov 2014     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Well, well, well :)

Once again the author of the previous post tries to draw a distinct line among the users and �the privileged �;

Quotes:

"The members and moderators who know me "
" Other moderators agreed with me" 

I wonder, why should any member, despite his/or her status hide?
Would it not be a better option to have the opportunity to argue, to exchange ideas?
If we are deprived of the possibility to know who to complain about, how can we be totally convinced that our complaints make a sense?

And as for the previous post, do not hold a grudge, Michaela, you have done a wrong thing in my point of view,  maybe not �against the rules of the site�  or �punishable by the moderators � as you would have said, but your conduct was not that of a colleague.  I am going to stop dealing with you here as I do not see the prospects of doing so.  Have a nice weekend.

14 Nov 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

well,
as a moderator I agree that we should explain why a ws has been reported as "not an ESL printables"... but as a moderator i happened to have contacted several members after i had reported their ws and sometimes I got kind messages saying "thanks i �ll do better next time" but i also got a couple of angry messages (one guy was very rude but he got banned since most of his wss were copies - if not all of them...)

@gi2gi: you may not like people reporting your wss but most of us hate reporting wss too!
sometimes i go to the new contributions section hoping to find something useful - i �m never looking for a beautifully decorated ws, i �m ALWAYS looking for content before anything else. And I try to help new members who don �t have plenty of points and need some encouragements. And i sometimes get quite upset when for every wss that i download half do not follow the rules of this amazing website! we don �t do it for fun, we do it to make this website better!

once a member asked me why i had reported his wss when there were still a lot of wss breaking the rules (he even gave me a link to a document to prove it...). He had never considered reporting the wss breaking the rules! so let �s all remember that we must all do our part here: we MUST and HAVE TO follow the rules (for ourselves because it �s the correct thing to do, and to make sure this website keeps being full of useful documents), but we must also report ws when they need to be reported - never to get revenge on someone - and that �s why we must keep hidden the identity of the person who did the reporting, otherwise people will get scared of reporting wss because of hateful/revengeful members...

so my advice is the same as many: don �t complain if your ws has been reported, read the rules, and try again when you sure you understand everything! moderators will usually be ready to enlighten you as to why your ws was reported but when a ws is removed it always means it broke the rules. if no moderator vote for its removal it stays, that �s as simple as that!

14 Nov 2014     

isa2
Austria

Apart from the personal row that is celebrated here in public, I think that the issue is highly worth considering a thought.

When a WS is reported, I think the author should be informed about the reasons so that he/she can make amendments and re-upload it. It is highly unsatisfactory and not motivating at all to receive a message saying: it is not an ESL resource.
But I am strictly against displaying the name of member who reported as this will undoubtedly lead to uncontrolled acts of revenge and offensive insults.

We should ask Victor to alter the messages that are sent to the authors of worksheets by STATING the EXACT reason for its removal. This might help members edit their worksheets strictly according to the rules of this website.
The rules  should  also include a hint for listening exercises: these must be available either through a link provided on the WS itself (not only in the description of the WS displayed on eslprintables) or a KEY with the tapescript.

I do hope that Victor finds the time to read this thread.

Wish you all a good weekend.

14 Nov 2014     

yanogator
United States

Here �s a simple fact, which should close the discussion. If a worksheet violates the rules, it should be removed, and it is totally unimportant who reports it. It won �t be removed unless a certain number of moderators agree. So, no matter who reports it, the moderators share equally in the decision to remove it. Then any moderator can tell the creator why it was removed. It doesn �t need to be the person who reported it. I clearly agree that the reporter �s name doesn �t need to be revealed. I also agree that a few words of explanation in the notification would be very helpful, as well as reducing the number of Why? Posts here. Bruce

14 Nov 2014     

florimago
Spain

Being a moderator isn´t an easy task , I hate it , indeed,  I totally agree with Bruce , the authors of the reported worksheets should get  further information about what has gone wrong with their work and the reporters � name shouldn´t be known . When reporting something, I always send a pm to the  ·victim· but never get an answer , by the way

14 Nov 2014     

Gi2gi
Georgia

It goes without saying that the "reporter" -s identity should not be revealed. The user should be entitled to know the identity of the moderator  so that he can further clarify the details and sort out the issue if he does not fully agree with him/her. In my case, I would love to have discussed the deleted worksheet with the moderator to make him understand why I do not consider my worksheet a full copy/paste (as I was explained in the anonymous message I got from someone ).This would also prevent users from publicly complaining in topics on the message board/forums and deprive other users the joy of being sarcastic in such topics. Giving the option to contact the administrator via email is not something that is quite appropriate, imho. 

14 Nov 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

You can �t talk to 1 moderator, all members with more than 5000 points are moderators, and we can "moderate" whenever we want, even though i didn �t see your ws @gi2gi i might have voted for its removal and then logged out (i �m hardly here these days), and that �s the case for many of us because we all have jobs right?

we "moderate" on our free time, and i don �t think anyone would moderate anymore if we had to discuss every single reported ws with their authors... (right now there are more than 40 reported documents on the moderators � page - can you imagine if we had to listen to all the "victims"!!! it already takes so long to open each document and decide between voting for removal or voting for it to stay!)

14 Nov 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Gi2gi
You didn �t get the point. It �s not just one moderator; people vote on wss. You should have let this go way back. And you most certainly shouldn �t be calling people names. �Sneak � you called a valued member of this community! Terrible. You should now apologise for personalising this. 

14 Nov 2014     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >