Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TIE EXAMS    

TIE EXAMS

dmharg
Greece

TIE EXAMS

Hello again my friends :)
I need your help once again. I have a students that wants to take the TIE exams. Is anyone of you familiar with this kind of exam? What does she have to prepare? Can she use some ready logs or projects that are uploaded in tie eexams website?????? I have so many questions Please help me?  

17 Nov 2014      

nerdingout
Spain

I am familiar with this exam. 

She will need to read a book, a graded reader at her level.
She will need to follow a news story for  three days - on TV, in newspapers and online.
She will need to prepare a topic / short investuagation as well, something that she is interested it or passionate about.

All of these tasks she will have to record in a log book, or scrap book.  

17 Nov 2014     

nerdingout
Spain

There are two parts written (WTIE) and spoken (OTIE)

WTIE:

The written part of the exam looks has 2 parts. One part is based on the news story or the book she has read. The second part is an unprepared task. It could be to write a report, an essay, description or give an opinion. Thats a bit vague but the exam tends to be a little vague here too.

OTIE
She will also need to get used to speaking in an exam setting with another person. As the spoken exam is with two people and takes 25 minutes or more.

Here she will present the topic or investigation, the book or new story and then finally look at some pictures and answer a question on them, the third part is similar to FCE Speaking Part 3

Here is an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tELl6c2y900&spfreload=10

I can answer any other questions you have on how to prepare your student etc so please just ask.

17 Nov 2014     

dmharg
Greece

Thank you all so much. Is there a specific list of books from which she has to chose, or it can be any title?

18 Nov 2014     

nerdingout
Spain

She can choose any book she wants but she should get a graded reader that is correct for her level.

18 Nov 2014