Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE?    

NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE?

pilarmham
Spain

NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE?

In my school there have been changes in the use of PCs: We cannot insert pendrives any more ( to avoid viruses) and have to use Google Drive instead. The problem is I like to show my students subtitled films, and before I used a programme called BS Player that allowed me to display the subtitles, which I kept in a folder together with the film (all in my pendrive, of course, as the computers were "frozen" and didn �t allow to keep things: everything new disappeared when the PC was turned off).

My question to you is: Do you know of any programmes or applications which I could use to see the subtitles with the films I have in Google Drive? The teacher in charge of the computers had installed BS Player for me, but said it was not compatible with many other programmes and is trying to find another one which doesn �t cause any problems and I can use with Google Drive (if possible) or after downloading the films (we can do this now). 

Sorry about the loooong speech and thank you in advance!  

23 Nov 2014      

Dibell
Argentina

Try VLC player, it �s open source an totally free! You can play almost anything in it and it rarely fails. It �s easy to use and not very heavy. You �ll love it!

23 Nov 2014     

winy
Brazil

I don �t know if I can help but I don �t use pen drive anymore, just in order to avoid virus. What I can do is send everything to my email or get the things on the internet, for instance if u need movies you can see them on line there are good sites where u can watch them with subtiltes, if you don �t know I can send the names to u.

cu have a wonderful week 

23 Nov 2014     

pilarmham
Spain

Thank you very much for your help!

25 Nov 2014