Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Just a question    

Just a question

an43
Spain

Just a question

Could anybody help me? I need the English Word for  the Spanish "colacao". In Spain, many children drink for breakfast milk with a deluted chocolate ( powder). Does anybody know the answer?.  Thank you.

28 Nov 2014      

nerdingout
Spain

It �s called Cola-Cao all over the world, I guess you could say it �s chocolate milk or hot chocolate. But most people refer to it the same as they do in Spain as Cola-Cao

28 Nov 2014     

danygera
Spain

Same as above. I vote chocolate milk or hot chocolate. Though hot chocolate could be confused with Spanish hot chocolate (the churro kind). Or maybe people know the brand Nesquick?

28 Nov 2014     

an43
Spain

Thank you. But, what about "cocoa"?

28 Nov 2014     

menekshe
Spain

chocolate milk...for sure!

coz the hot chocolate refers to the thicker winter drink ( the one you would have with your churros!! hahhaa) 

28 Nov 2014     

danygera
Spain

I personally don´t say cocoa, but my American family does. Cocoa or hot cocoa. That could work too, though it could be more North American (in my experience)

28 Nov 2014     

mariec
Spain

I call it drinking chocolate." I always have drinking chocolate for breakfast." Cocoa is unsweetened and drinking chocolate is sweetened just like Cola Cao.

28 Nov 2014     

FrauSue
France

I think in the UK we �d call it "chocolate milk" or "Nesquik". Cocoa for me is always hot and usually thick.

28 Nov 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

In the US we call the drink chololate milk.

The chocolate powder can be called by a brand name such as Nesquik or Hershey �s chocolate. 

They do not sell Cola-Cao where I live and I had never heard of it. 

28 Nov 2014