Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Slum Children Education     

Slum Children Education

ommpavan
India

Slum Children Education

Hi friends ,

My self working with NGO for slum children .Nearly 600 slum children studying in our post school centers .
I am looking for English grammar work sheets for our kids .As I am new to this site I need some points .

If any of you can contribute your points please provide  Tenses work sheets for Present/Past and future tenses .

our emailed is [email protected]  

11 Dec 2014      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,

the job you do is really great but this site is about sharing. You have to provide your own material, upload it here, get points for your wss and then you can download whatever you want.
I was thinking about sending you some of my wss on your e-mail because you do something great. But unfortunatelly,  just a while ago  I found out you uploaded a copied material. That �s something I really don �t agree with, so I can give you only an advice: 
If you need wss for your students and don �t want to make your own, there are loads of sites, where you can download ESL worksheets for free.

Good Luck, 
Michaela

11 Dec 2014     

Mariethe House
France

Here is a free site for you. Some of our members publish there for free and you will find loads of ws on different tenses.

http://busyteacher.org/classroom_activities-grammar-worksheets/
You can also try  ISLcollective

Good luck with your centre! What you do is fabulous.

11 Dec 2014     

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

Another free site with lots of materials

http://en.islcollective.com/

Good luck!

Julia

12 Dec 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

My dear Ommpavan,  I teach about 600 refugees and all I had in the beginning was a whiteboard, without the markers. I had no books, no pens or notebooks to give to my students.  Nevertheless, I managed to teach them. Now it so happens I have worked as a teacher for 30 years or so, an I did have some resources. When I came across this lovely site, I used those I had created myself to share with my new-found friends.  In no-time I had enough points to download some of the best work. I created more work, and got loads of WS in return. Enough to cover every subject of ESL.  But above all, my students noticed that I worked 12 hours a day (at least) to help them.  They appreciated my efforts, and that had an effect on their learning. When I worked with (very disadvantaged) aboriginal children, we used the desert sand to write. In short, it �s all attitude. You are privileged to do some beautiful work. Use it to your advantage. Slum kids are the same as any other kid in this world: they learn by example. Remember the old proverb: Give a man a fish, and he �ll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he �ll eat for the rest of his life. So, roll up your sleaves, and start doing some teachers work. Your kids will learn from it, too. Cheers, Peter.

13 Dec 2014