Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Online storage    

Online storage

Jayho
Australia

Online storage

Hi everyone

Which free online storage do you use for your teaching stuff (Google Drive, OneDrive etc)?

I rely on a 16G USB thumb drive but now the front USB port on my work PC doesn�t work properly (and IT won�t replace it - they say use a back port! Not terribly convenient.). So, I need to get with the times and start looking into cloud storage.

Looking forward to hearing about what you use.

Cheers

Jayho

18 Dec 2014      

omarengteacher
Peru

Hi. I rely on Google Drive. Other colleagues have Dropbox. Google Drive gives you15GB for free... or if you really need more than that, you can always create a second account ;P

18 Dec 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I use dropbox, www.box.net, and www.4shared.com .

18 Dec 2014     

ampimental
China

How good is your Chinese? Or how good is your problem solving.
The Google of China, Baidu, has 1TB, YES, 1TB of free storage .... 

Follow this link to sign-up  Baidu Cloud Sign-up  (See picture below for what to enter)

Once you sign-up, verify your email, then visit pan.baidu.com and Login.

You can then download an app for your Mac or Windows machines that will create a folder from which you can store your files.  (See the last picture below).

They also have iPad, iPhone & Android apps for you to access your data everywhere.

If you have issues finding them, message me and I will show you where to look. (HINT: All links/ web addresses are in English)

18 Dec 2014     

douglas
United States

Ampimental please delete the picture from your above post--it appears to be messing-up the entire forum (too big).

Cheers,
Douglas

EDIT: Seems to be okay now (at least on the main forum), Thanks!

19 Dec 2014     

douglas
United States

Another "backport" solution that I have used is to plug a cable into the back port and route it up front so I can easily plug in USB sticks.

(I haven �t convinced myself to trust cloud-type storage yet).

19 Dec 2014     

Tony C
United Kingdom

Hi, i use both Dropbox and Google Drive. When they install on your computer they create a folder for you, and you can just copy the files you have created (Word, ppt, pictures, videos and more) into the folder, and they will upload automatically to the cloud where they are stored. That way you have copies on your PC and on the internet.
Good luck.
Tony C

19 Dec 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i used to use Mediafire a lot, then i switched to skydrive (now onedrive) to put the documents/lesson plans i �m currently using in class, but dropbox is pretty convenient too, so i put my "older" stuff there, because i have more space on dropbox and my older files are quite big...

19 Dec 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

I use Dropbox but Douglas brings up a good point. Cheap solution to someone who does not want to use the cloud or online storage. 

I usually keep my stuff on a portable drive but the ones I use at the moment, I put on Dropbox.  

19 Dec 2014     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,

I use Google Drive and lately also OneDrive. 

19 Dec 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

Thanks for your answers. I�ve researched them all on the net and I am now a lot more knowledgeable on cloud storage options. It will certainly make my job easier. 

I have decided to give DropBox a go for my work stuff (and I will also get one of those cables). I really like that DropBox is independent of other programs (unlike OneDrive and Google Drive, which I do currently have access to and will use for personal stuff when needed).

I am also going to get my students onto DropBox as that will solve my problem with students who don�t have a USB thumb drive.  DropBox seems relatively simple to use and I like the file sharing option too (handy for checking work without cluttering my inbox).

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Jayho

19 Dec 2014     

1    2    Next >