Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > PPT shrinker    

PPT shrinker

hekateros
Portugal

PPT shrinker

Good morning,

Do you know of a program to reduce the size of powerpoint files that you would recommend?
I work with office 2007 (.pptx) and when I convert files to .ppt they become MUCH larger. I have tried to reduce the size os images and also converted Smart Art to pictures but made not much difference in size.
Is the solution to make the powerpoint again in .ppt from the beginning?

Thank you.

17 Feb 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Yes please, Who remembers its name?? Not only for ppt but also for word documents. I have also lost that program together with my files!!!!!

I won �t be on for a while today so I would appreciate you sending me that name to my PM.

Thanks!!!

17 Feb 2009     

profeglori
Spain

Hi, the name is NX Powerlite. It �s quite good.

17 Feb 2009     

hekateros
Portugal

Thank you so much Wink
I �ll download it now!

17 Feb 2009     

danggeun
Korea, South

hey, so i just tried this program and even at the lowest possible custom compression settings, it still only cuts the file by about 20%, which means for this site it will only help with files that are around 600kb or smaller. is there anything else i can try here? thanks!

26 Feb 2009