Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > can anyone recomend a powerpoint covering the alphabet?    

can anyone recomend a powerpoint covering the alphabet?

cathrine
Spain

can anyone recomend a powerpoint covering the alphabet?

I would like a powerpoint presentation where each letter is on a different slide, and if possible with a song or sound. I cannot do powerpoint presentations on my computer but my loptop does let me show a presentation. I have just waisted some points downloading what I thought was a powerpoint with sound (as it stated) only to find it was one slide and no sound. I have a very old fasioned dial up connection so it took ages to down load and so I was very cross! Sorry to maon but can anyone help by recommending one, to save me a bit of time. Thanks in anticipation.

18 Feb 2009      

Apryll12
Hungary

Hi Cathrine,

Although it is not a powerpoint presentation, let me recommend you a very nice song that you can use to teach the alphabet with pictures.

Here �s a link, have a look, you may find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfTBgR1homw

Krisztina

18 Feb 2009     

Nawrocki
Australia

I don �t have a powerpoint but this alphabet on the net is very good. It emphasizes the phonic sound of the alphabet and it has music.
We use it in primary schools in Australia.

Natalie

18 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Making a powerpoint with just different letters of the alphabet on each page would appear to be quite a �boring � presentation to me.  These can be made quite easily, but your requirement to have a sound, and if you wanted a different sound for each letter would be very difficult on this sound as you cannot embed sounds into your powerpoint.  There are some limited generic sounds, but these would soon run out.

Why not get the kids to draw their own big letters and make their own sounds - use the Jolly phonics sound and action for each letter and have them put them in the air as you want to say or hear each sound.

Low tech can beat high tech many times.

18 Feb 2009     

cathrine
Spain

Thank you all for your very helpful and prompt response to my request. However as I have a very slow dial up type internet connection (and no access to it in the classroom) I think Logos advice reminding me low tech can beat high tech was the most valuable in this instant. Thank you all again.Smile

18 Feb 2009     

fleur
Malta

Dear Cathrine
Try visit communication4all.co.uk
or search Bev Evans.
For a very low contribution i got a number of powerpoints
including a song for every letter of the alphabet. 
Hope this helps.

18 Feb 2009