Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The first lesson - speaking    

The first lesson - speaking

ivush
Czech Republic

The first lesson - speaking

Hello friends. Dont you have any interesting speaking activity for the first lesson with a new student? He is pre-intermediate and he wants to skeap mainly. Thank you in advance.

18 Feb 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Hi ivush,
something like three thing he likes/dislikes; three favourite things; three things he would never do; three things hes enjoyed doing last week etc.

18 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Maybe this can help??

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4316

18 Feb 2009     

denfer
Czech Republic

Write  5 things that are somehow connected to your life e.g. : Paul, 1996, Australia..etc. and your student should guess what the words/numbers mean to you by asking questions .: e.g. Is Paul your husband? .. Try to come up with sg not that obvious. Paul could be your class teacher from sec. school, 1996 the year you graduated, Autralia the destination of your last holiday.. Then let your student write 5 things from his life/her..and now it�s your turn to have a guess..

18 Feb 2009     

miss-o
Portugal

I  have some useful materials in the site to develop speaking . :)

18 Feb 2009     

puddyd
Oman

I have a big plastic envelope full of picture that I have cut out of magazines. One of the speaking activities I do with it is: I get all the students to get up together [get the o2 flowing] and come to my desk in the front and they have to pick out three pics [ i also have duplicates of things] They then go back with their pics and they must tells us why they like  or don �t like the pics they chose. Hope that helps. It �s fun , personal and they choose their own prompts and it �s easy to plan, an added bonus.
A ;)

19 Feb 2009