Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need your help!    

Need your help!

mluisara
Spain

Need your help!

I �m a Spanish teacher , and I �m teaching about clothes  in the 3th grade, I have a question:

How do you say in English,  a sort of round scarf specially worn by young people? Here in Spain we call it "braga" ( in singular, nothing to do with the underwear).

Thanks in advance.

12 Jan 2015      

maryse pey�
France

I have found CIRCLE SCARF on internet. Can it be what you are looking for ?

12 Jan 2015     

ta(/)aR
Spain

Snood is used for a bufanda style braga, maybe balaclava is also similar, although it is not.the same thing...

12 Jan 2015     

Mar�lia Gomes
Portugal

Why not call it Wollen round scarf or crochet round scarf, depending on the material it is made of.  I guess you can also call it a Circle scarf ans maryse peyé as pointed out.

12 Jan 2015     

JModesto
Portugal

Hi, mluisara. Probably you are referring to a neck warmer, a very trendy accessory nowadays.

12 Jan 2015     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I think you may be referring to an infinity scarf, is it.

Linda

12 Jan 2015     

ursula kirsten
Spain

Hi,

What you mean is neck warmer or neck buff

http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=BRAGA

Regards 

12 Jan 2015     

profpaolino
Italy

the word is snood

13 Jan 2015     

mariec
Spain

I think it´s called "infinity scraf." I  made one a few weeks ago and the pattern was for an infinity scraf.

13 Jan 2015     

FrauSue
France

I �ve seen "infinity scarf" a lot recently. A "buff" is more like a neckerchief (shorter than an infinity scarf).
The best thing is to search on google images and see which picture best corresponds to your "braga".

Or go to mango.es or zara.es and find the product you like, then look for the equivalent on the English website! 

13 Jan 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

in Ukraine we also call them snood

13 Jan 2015     

1    2    Next >