Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How do you fill about marks! Evaluation in general... watch this video, it made me change my view and find different aspects of the matter    

How do you fill about marks! Evaluation in general... watch this video, it made me change my view and find different aspects of the matter

maria fakitsa
Greece

How do you fill about marks! Evaluation in general... watch this video, it made me change my view and find different aspects of the matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X0mgOOSpLU

14 Jan 2015      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Awesome video! Thank you for mentioning it to us!

14 Jan 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

She has wonderful dress sense. I think I like what she is saying. How does it translate into how you grade the kids? I �m not sure what the message is. Can anyone explain?

14 Jan 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

From what I understand it means we should praise the effort and not just talent, encourage the underachievers to strive for better. Also make the expectations a little higher, a little more challenging and the praise more meaningful. I guess there�s a lot more to their "tactics" and they probably have a lot more practical advice but this video is just a promo.

14 Jan 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

We have a strict marking code. We have to do �the PINS � .P - praise, but it has to be about something they have done right (NOT effort-related), I - improve - what they did wrong and NS - next steps - what they can do to improve it. Here is an example of what would be approved: P - well done, you got the past irregular tenses right. I: punctuation. NS: Put full stops and capital letters in to make sentences. I think it �s too rigid, so I�m excited to hear about praising effort, like we used to do! I ill be finding out more about this.

14 Jan 2015