Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could anyone help me ?    

Could anyone help me ?

glutenfree
Poland

Could anyone help me ?

Hi!

Could anyone help me to:

1. fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word? 

Here is a simple story with blank lines:  Chapter 14 Nouns and Modifiers - AzarGrammar.com

b. answer the questions using the correct modals ?

http://www.azargrammar.com/assets/advanced/UUEGTeacher-CreatedWorksheets/Worksheets10/UsingModals.pdf

Thanks

23 Jan 2015      

yanogator
United States

You don �t seem to understand what you have there. It is a party game called Mad Libs, in which players are asked for a word of the right type (indicated below the blanks), such as adjective, proper name, action verb, etc. After all the words are supplied, someone reads the story with the words in the blanks, usually with very funny results.

I looked at your second one, and it is very difficult to determine what they want. Also, they use the adjective "everyday" when it should be the adverbial phrase "every day". I point this out so that you don�t teach this error to your students. It is a very common mistake here in the US. It�s unfortunate that it is in a textbook.

Bruce

23 Jan 2015     

glutenfree
Poland

Thank you for your response and explanation :))

23 Jan 2015