Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP    

HELP

Snow- white
Macedonia

HELP

Help me please.I need to do a lesson about the adj.long,short,small ,big and tall and there is only one(?!) exercise in the books we use(You and me)I need to cover 40 min.lesson and I don �t have a clue what to do.The students are 4th grade 10-11 years old.Any idea?Pleeeasseeeee.

19 Feb 2009      

didosh
Turkey

Dear Snow-white,
      Check mes-english.com .Click flashcards .then adjectives.You can see the flashcards of so many adjectives that fit their level.YoU can use them in your lesson .Also you can choose your students and ask the others to describe them.
      Moreover ,students can play the opposite game of adj.

19 Feb 2009     

Juju
Portugal

Start your lesson by showing a picture of different types of animals. Explore the picture (wild, pets, the place they live, their names (spelling exrecice), etc.

Long - snake

short- pig

small - mouse

big - elephant

tall - giraffe

That �s just a starting point. Use the degree of adjectives and ask the students to compare the animals (oral and written exercices)

19 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

You can make the students draw the words ...
LONG - they lengthen the letters
SMALL - they write in very small letters (like font 16)
BIG - font 34
TALL - tall letters.

They can make the letters �alive � by giving them the head (in tall, e.g. they could somehow present a giraffe)
Make it an art contest. This activity could be done as a follow up ... OR you could do all the drawing to present the words in a more vivid way. And then match the words (FCs) with the pics you �d provide ...

You can ask them to look for things in the classroom that can be described with one of the adjectives. "Touch/Show me sth BIG.) Or sth like miming. BIG / SMALL (arms spread ... ) (like game Day / Night, or Simon says) You make them make a mistake.

19 Feb 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Thank you for your help now I know what to do.

19 Feb 2009     

ox-eye-daisy
United States

Hi Snow-white,
On my page I �ve got power point presentation on people appearance...
The last (slide #6) task is to describe the people you see on the picture. That �s where all the adjectives you need can be used.

19 Feb 2009     

class centre
Belarus

Hi there!
I take a small toy animal in my hands hiding it from my sts. They ask me yes or no questions - is it large, is it big, ist it small, is it tall, is it... ( give them a list). So the one who has not guessed the animal correctly ,sits down on the floor. The one who has guessed, gets the aniumal for a while to play with it up to the end of the exercise. Then I pick another animal from my box ( I have plenty of them) and all from the very beginning..
Good luck!
Natasha

19 Feb 2009