Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Doubt    

Doubt

S�lvia73
Portugal

Doubt

Hi everyone! I have a problem and I was hoping you could help me solve it, since it concerns all of us and I �m not sure what do do...

As we all know, our schools don �t have enough money to pay for coloured ws, so I always photocopy them b&w. However, my students have asked me if I couldn �t find a way of providing them the ws in colour! I �ve given the problem some thought and I �ve decided to create a blog for my class from where they could download the ws. They were DELIGHTED!!!!

But then I remembered that sometimes I use ws from YOU, ws that I download from ESLprintables! If not the entire ws, at least the idea...

Do you think I shouldn �t put them on the blog? I �m not sure it �s ethical, you know? Can you help?

Thanks in advance and thank you all for making our lives easier!
Hugs from Portugal

19 Feb 2009      

Zora
Canada

I think if you ask the owners of the worksheets if you are allowed to post them on your blog then there shouldn �t be any problems.

Personally, I have no problems with it - so if you �d like to post any work of mine on your blog please feel free to do it.

Smile

19 Feb 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, Silvia,
I had the same problem about colour or B&W printables; I think you have a better solution; don �t you have a Moodle platform in your school? I think all Portuguese schools have. So I have a folder there for my students, they have a password, only they have access, so I upload not only my printables, but also some from ESL, because they are not uploaded in a public place, they can be downloaded just by my students.
The same way, they have the videos, the power points, the links etc, all the material they use in class. I upload the links for Mark �s ( Mes -english ) generators and I rarely give them a vocabulary handout; I sent it as a homework task; they click the link and they have some fun while they are also studying.
Think about it, hope I have been useful
Olindalima

19 Feb 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

@ Olinda

Yes, we do have the platform, but 7th grade students seem to have a problem with it. Confused Their Maths teacher tried and he gave up! They get all confused and seem to look at it as "homework". They get more motivated with a blog. For us it �s basically the same thing, but for them it sounds like something different, you know?

@ Zora 

Thanks for the idea and for being so nice about it! I guess I �ll do that!

19 Feb 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

About mu "doubt" earlier:

@ Olinda

Yes, we do have the platform, but 7th grade students seem to have a problem with it. Confused Their Maths teacher tried and he gave up! They get all confused and seem to look at it as "homework". They get more motivated with a blog. For us it �s basically the same thing, but for them it sounds like something different, you know?

@ Zora 

Thanks for the idea and for being so nice about it! I guess I �ll do that!

19 Feb 2009