Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Caption contest Feb. 11    

Caption contest Feb. 11

adel boukhchina
Tunisia

Dear colleagues. Please DO keep RELIGION away from what we are producing for sharing. Some of what is written on this page is just a MOCKERY that shouldn �t be accepted.

11 Feb 2015     

MoodyMoody
United States

adel boukchina, I apologize if my comment was one of those that offended you. I am embarrassed to admit that I didn �t even recognize the picture as being worshippers; I just saw people bundled up in blankets. I am so sorry if my comment was offensive.

11 Feb 2015     

karagozian
France

...a mockery of what is written or of what is shown ????

Mariethe says out loud what I was thinking very hard.

I don �t think it is mockery to tell people that we are going the wrong way, I mean backwards.

I don �t see no mockery. I only see people that are very susceptible.

I want light and no darkness.  Just freedom !

Is freedom now a delicate subject ?????

I just can �t believe it ?

If this is religion Victor close the chapter, but I do not see it.  Sorry, don �t want to offend anyone, but do not want to creep and bow and say nothing either.

Thank you Mariethe !!!

11 Feb 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

"
I only see people that are very susceptible.
I want light and no darkness. Just freedom !"

Dear Karagozian, it is not up to us to decide or define freedom.

I might share the liberal values of some of you, but this does not make me entitled to speak of "light" and "darkness" or what is "backward"/"forward".

With much respect to Isa, I think that both the pic and the comments that may follow can hurt the religious feelings of our Muslim friends.  

11 Feb 2015     

karagozian
France

Sorry dear friend !

I �m a woman and feel concerned by women �s rights.

I travelled a lot in the seventies particularly to all the North African countries Egypt etc.... 

I was just thinking about the conditions for women in those countries then and now.  Explaining my "backwards".

And please, I am not saying that in the Western countries we are going "forward".

11 Feb 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

"Don �t worry, Naz, you �re safe. There are no Catholic priests here!"

11 Feb 2015     

isa2
Austria

I am really astonished that this picture of pure innocence has caused so much controversy. The only thing that I can see is two children lost in their world of play.
It was not my  intention to start a  political discussion. In order to prevent further fights on the forum I will not choose a winner but start a new contest with another picture.
Hope you do not feel offended.

11 Feb 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

Good idea, Isa2. I �m sure you didn �t want to cause offence either, and you are right, it �s a lovely photo. The world at this moment in time is not a very nice place and I think we should try and keep as much of the horribleness, sweeping generalizations and negativity away from here and try and keep this a place of cooperation and mutual respect. Mind you, that �s just me. Perhaps I should stop listening to John Lennon and the likes.

11 Feb 2015     

isa2
Austria

Spinney, I do thank you for your wise words.
You took them right out of my mouth.

11 Feb 2015     

karagozian
France

I feel sorry for you Lisa and for the world. I love your picture but felt immediately that it may engender pbs. Yes let �s go on singing John Lennon �s song and pray for those who suffer due to others � stupidity or greed or whatever. Thank you Isa. You are a marvelous person.

11 Feb 2015     

< Previous   1    2