Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > money from parents    

money from parents

metcet20
Turkey

money from parents

Do the parents in your country donate money to state schools for repairing,painting, cleaning etc.
What would happen if the school wanted 10 euros for each student for example?
I am an assistant to head teacher and really tired of begging money but none of them are eager.
I will be happy to hear the answers. Thanks in advance. Good evenings

22 Feb 2015      

Vladislavchik
Russian Federation

At our school it is strictly prohibited.

22 Feb 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

We can ask if it involves going on a trip, but we have to make it plain that it is a voluntary contribution. Otherwise, it is a �no-no. �

22 Feb 2015     

valodra
France

Hi there,

I work in a state school in France, and the parents don �t give money - they �re not allowed to....

Just like you, I �m growing fed up with people asking for more & not giving in return, if that �s your question...
I just don �t know the answer ; I guess it is a good thing for schools to be free ; I �m not asking for money.... BUT.... sometimes, I do wish people / parents cared a littlle bit more, & helped.
The French State gives parents an amount of money at the beginning of each school year - I �ve noticed my kids sometimes had the last I-pod, but no copybook....
I guess the society we are living in has gone "too far"; it seems to me something is "rotten" in this world ( W . Shakespeare..)
  People seem to be asking for more, again & again; & not willing to give in return, even for their own kids...
I �m from the (Lucky) ones who were educated at home ; this time has gone... 
But I would like everyone to get free & high education ; So, I do not have the answer....You �re asking about money, I �m answering about Love...
Best regards,
Val 

22 Feb 2015     

Andromaha
Ukraine

In our Ukrainian schools we "donate" money. Nobody is interested if you have money or not, but while my daughter was in the primary school we paid for everything. For the new desk for our teacher, for the blackboard, the new desks for students, the closet, the laptop and the printer for the teacher. For the huge TV in the classroom. We also paid for the repairs in the classroom. Now my children are in the secondary and the primary school correspondently. We paid for the windows, for the new heating system, for the blackboard. Now the teacher wants the parents to buy a TV. But we are all fed up with this situation. Our country is in the state of war now, it is very difficult and most families can hardly get by. The situation is out of control, the education in our country is supposed to be free, but unfortunately it is not so. 

22 Feb 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

In some schools, the parent teacher association  has fund raising activities (book sales, bake sales, car washes, silent auctions, selling tickets to student plays). The band sells band candy.

22 Feb 2015     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

In our city  schools can �t ask any money or take any money from parents. It �s strictly  forbidden.  

23 Feb 2015