Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Are people obssessed?    

Are people obssessed?

xanocas
Portugal

Are people obssessed?

I �ve been away for quite some time and I �ve noticed only today that there are people obssessed about getting points. I �m shocked! This didn �t happen a year ago!Splitting worksheets like this???!!!! This is not a race! I thought this was about sharing interesting work... The amounts of uploads must be limited!

19 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Welcome back.
Well, we don �t really know what motive people have for splitting up a WS in 5 parts, but I, for one, don �t download them.
Not when I �ve seen others upload Ws up to 10 pages long with no problem at all.

L

20 Feb 2009     

handstand
Venezuela

I feel the same way and just refuse to download.

20 Feb 2009     

Butterlis
Brazil

I totally agree. People should be more friendly since it�s a place to unite people with the same goals.

20 Feb 2009     

LadyJaneC
United States

I don �t think that people are obsessed about getting points, maybe they are not computer smart as you guys might be...I have read the tutorial information, even though, I still don �t know how to reduce the size of my files to 300kb, then I am not sending any worksheet. Besides that, there is not wrong about it. I think the site is full of wonderful worksheets and it is very difficult to be creative in a place where there are thousands of worksheets.

Can you guys share what you have done in order to reduce the size of your files?

I am sure that if you share this information, many people will be thankful and they will stop splitting worksheets. Think about that...

20 Feb 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

hi ladyJaneC. There are a couple of methods I use.

1: When you have finished a worksheet press the print screen button and paste the copied text into the paint application. Then cut out your woksheet and paste it into word. You will then need to change the size of the pasted item. Finally save the document and you will find it will be a lot smaller.

2: This is the best way for others using your worksheets. Use the image resizer found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

(in the right hand column a little bit down the page.)

By right clicking and selecting image resize, this ressizes the jpegs you want to insert into your document.

Finally make sure you are using jpeg images and not gifs or the various other formats as they are nearly always larger. If you are using other kind of images simply click "save as.." in the file menu and change the file type to jpeg.

Hope this is of some help

20 Feb 2009     

LadyJaneC
United States

Hi Mr tickle

Thank you so much for answering my question. I will be done with my online classes in about 1 month, then I will have much more time to work on my worksheets. I am sure that you suggestions will be very helpful.

21 Feb 2009