Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Printable doesn īt upload successfully    

Printable doesn īt upload successfully

jean-in-japan
Japan

Printable doesn īt upload successfully

Hello.  I īm new to ESLprintables; many apologies if this question has been answered a thousand times before but, so far, I haven īt been able to find any information about it on the site.  I īve uploaded three documents over the past three or four days; the flashcard sheet came out perfectly but the two very simple fill-in-the-blank activity worksheets � format was very strange.  On the original worksheets, which I have printed off a thousand times, there are ten pictures on the left side of the page, a blank line to write the correct verb next to them on the right, then ten more pictures which are just slightly to the right of the center, and ten more blank lines next to them.  For some reason the lines, which are just a normal underline, did not show up at all and the second column of pictures are jammed next to the left column of pictures.  Perhaps it īs some kind of difference between the European computer keyboards (many members here seem to be based in Europe) and the Japanese keyboard?  Do you know if there īs any way to rectify this?  

Thank you -
Jean 

6 Mar 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Where is the formatting incorrect, in the preview of the document or the actual downloaded document?
sometimes the previews of documents appears incorrect, but when one downloads the document, everything is formatted correctly.

If it is the document itself that is incorrectly formatted, you could try one of two things:

1. If it is a docx format, try saving as a .doc format, then uploading.
2. If that does not fix the formatting problem, take a screenshot of the worksheet. Paste the screenshot into a .doc document and upload. (The screen shot will have to be resized to fit your .doc).

6 Mar 2015     

jean-in-japan
Japan

Well, that was easy -- thank you very much for suggesting that I download it myself.  When I did, it īs perfectly fine.  Shame it looks horrible on the preview though -- oh, well.  

6 Mar 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You could mention the issue in the description of your ws. I once had a ws which only had one page in the preview but actually had two, so I mentioned it in the description and that I īve checked by downloading it myself and that it actually had 2 pages.

6 Mar 2015     

jean-in-japan
Japan

Thanks -- I īll do that as well.  I don īt mind if it īs just these two documents, but if it happens every time, then it īs kind of too bad.  It may be a docx problem as well.  I had read in the guidelines about īdoc � and īdocx � but was pretty clueless about what that meant and what type of documents my word documents were.  Last night though I figured out that they were in fact īdocx � and how to change them to īdoc, � so I will upload them again and see what happens.  

6 Mar 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You can choose the option "update your printable" this way you won īt lose points you got for them, unlike the case if you choose to delete and upload again.

7 Mar 2015