Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ESL for children (3 years old) - Numbers 1-10    

ESL for children (3 years old) - Numbers 1-10

veraviana
Portugal

ESL for children (3 years old) - Numbers 1-10

Hi everybody! Does any of you know of an easy song / chant about this topic? I �ve already searched on YouTube but I didn �t like any of the songs. They weren �t good and catchy enough for me... Also, is there a story about numbers from 1-10? Thanks in advance! Vera

9 Mar 2015      

kwsp
United States

When I was a child we used to say, "One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, shut the door. Five, six, pick up sticks. Seven, eight, lay them straight. Nine, ten, a big fat hen."

Oh. And another one which actually has hand actions that we would do - "This Old Man". Here it is on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKaxRYJ5AMY  I see it didn�t get great reviews, but maybe you can change some of the words to make it more sensitive to today�s standards. 

9 Mar 2015     

Andromaha
Ukraine

Have you tried the songs from this site? http://supersimplelearning.com/songs/original-series/one/seven-steps/
My kids love them, the tunes are quite catchy and easy! And I also like the teaching ideas for each song.  

9 Mar 2015     

Minka
Slovenia

Children at the age of 3 often don �t know the meaning of numbers yet in their own language. 

9 Mar 2015     

Nina Duarte
Brazil

Super Simple Learning rocks. My baby (2 years old) loves it.

10 Mar 2015     

papadeli
Greece

2. You can create your own stories!

Greetings from Greece,

10 Mar 2015     

veraviana
Portugal

Thanks guys! I �m going to my three-year-old son �s class and we �re supposed to teach them something about our job, so I thought about numbers 1-10 or colours. As I usually teach the big ones, I need some help with the little ones. ;-)

10 Mar 2015