Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Spelling problems    

Spelling problems

naddy11980
Morocco

Spelling problems

Hi everyone,
   My students � communication skills are good, Their pronunciation is perfect too.But they don �t really do well in exams because of the spelling. They make a lot of spelling mistakes!!  Have you got any ideas? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.Thanks in advance. GREAT WEBSITE

12 Mar 2015      

joannajs
Poland

How about giving them regular dictations based on the vocabulary you covered and highlighting the words they spelt correctly (hopefully there will be more of the incorrect ones)? They should rewrite the sentences correctly for the next time and you �d test them again on this vocab. 

I �m afraid it �s the number of repetitions in various ways that will help them master the visual side of English. And your persistence :-) 

12 Mar 2015     

alien boy
Japan

Hi naddy11980,

I �ve had some success using many of the techniques presented on this site: http://www.spelfabet.com.au/

Don �t be worried - you don �t need to buy anything from them. Just have a look through some of their linked videos. Feel free to message me if I can help with a few materials for you.

What age are your students?
Cheers,
AB 

12 Mar 2015     

rsethi75
Hong Kong

That �s one of the biggest issue for ESL learners! HAve you heard of the �look say spell cover write check � method? It �s working for my students! Let me know if you wanna know more about it!

12 Mar 2015     

you_per7
Algeria

Each week my pupils have 5 minutes for dictation....

13 Mar 2015     

EstherLee76
Peru

Hi,

I also have weekly spelling tests and my students practice on this site.  It �s great!

http://www.spellingcity.com/

Esther 

13 Mar 2015     

papadeli
Greece

Here are my spelling, meaning and pronouncing a word tricks. All three in one card.

Greetings from Greece,

13 Mar 2015     

miyoko71
Morocco

Whenever I have some spare time I play with them the spelling bee game.They enjoy it and it helps them to remember  the spelling of confusing words

14 Mar 2015