Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Trying to build an in-classroom explorer sightseeing game. Stuck for ideas    

Trying to build an in-classroom explorer sightseeing game. Stuck for ideas

sirona
Germany

Trying to build an in-classroom explorer sightseeing game. Stuck for ideas

Trying to build an in-classroom explorer game. Dear colleagues from around the world, I �ve got an idea in my head that requires some feedback and peer ideas to actually come to life. I am trying to create an explorer game, like a city sightseeing treasure hunt about London. It should be like a big functional skill lesson and some fun and information. My learners are adults and it will be a London-themed weekend course. I �ll put paper models of some of the big tourist attractions around the room including signs of tube stations nearby. What I can �t quite make out yet is whether a gap fill activity would be good to guide them what to look for (e.g. observing the sight and scan reading short info sheets). Another idea is to guide small teams of 2-3 people to different sights, give clues what they have seen and some incident, such as they didn �t have enough money for the entrance ticket or the sight was closed or a story they heard (I got the equipment for short listening points), and then have them give a report of their trip around the city. Please help me shape it. I can feel that it �s a potential fun idea. Unfortunately, I have never created a life size board game or treasure hunt before. A tick off things on a list activity is not my cup of tea. I am looking for some problem solving in it and fun. Thank you folks, guys, and people. Sirona

13 Mar 2015      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Maybe you �ll find something suitable here http://bogglesworldesl.com/survivalESL.htm

13 Mar 2015