Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > pictures from the internet?    

pictures from the internet?

cali4_
Austria

pictures from the internet?

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if it �s allowed to use pictures from the internet to create a worksheet??
Thanks for your help!

20 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Californication,
Read the F.A.Q �s and What �s this at the top of the page and you �ll get most of the answers that you need.

20 Feb 2009     

Jayho
Australia

You also need to check copyright information and terms of use on the site you wish to copy from.  For example, under terms of use they may say something like:

All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on this site and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in this organisation or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any associated-site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of this sites content requires the prior written permission of this site �s owner.

If you work in a country with strict copyright laws you should observe these laws to protect both yourself and your teaching institution from legal action.  I �ve seen what happens when someone gets caught - it �s not nice and it �s not inexpensive.

20 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

I heard that a teacher here got caught photocopying pages (for her pupils) from a text book and was charged 100.000 NIS which is approx. $25,000 US.   Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 Feb 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Yes, a former teacher at my institution was caught and the owner of the book she that she breached copyright with sued the institution for US$40,000.  The institution is now pursuing legal action against this teacher.

Wherever we work we sign a copyright form to say we know all about copyright restrictions.  And, there are posters above every photocopier in every workplace that outline copyright laws.  Every page we photocopy or download must have a special stamp on it that gives all the relevant info for the Copyright Licencing Agency. 

20 Feb 2009