Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Open Class - Demo Class    

Open Class - Demo Class

nickgouws
Korea, South

Open Class - Demo Class

Hi there guys,

I have been aked to have an open class with my 4th graders - one class for 4th grade low level and another for 4th grade high level students. I have also been asked to do a lesson formy 6th grade students - low and advanced levels.

The parents will come so it is going to be important that I do something that is really good :)
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with open classes - any ideas, thoughts, opinions, materials?

I am sooooooooooooooo stressed about it and would really appreciate any guidance - thanks so much in advance! 

23 Mar 2015      

debk2000
United States

I taught middle school students in Korea and had to do open classes.  This was about 4 years ago, though.  I believe for one of my open classes, I did a lesson about describing and used superheroes.  If you think it would be helpful to you, I can try to dig it up.  Of course, the students were a few years older than yours, so I am not sure how it would work.  But perhaps you could adapt it?  

Thanks!
Deb 

23 Mar 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Follow the usual structure for the lesson plan but use variety of activities that your students enjoy (you know them better) Use fun ways for pairing them up/grouping 
Don �t forget to praise your students for good work and assess their performance as well.
Wind off with some coolers or a song and your classes will be a success. 

23 Mar 2015     

luchi
Argentina

I always do this kind of class, do not feel nervous, parents love their children speaking English and admire you too. Your excellent work during the year. GOOD LUCK!! and be yourself...

Someone can help me I need some activities to work with the film MR BEAN. I saw some activities but I don´t remember the name of the person who did it..... Do you Know? 

23 Mar 2015     

debk2000
United States

If you follow this link, I think you can find some activities about Mr. Bean: http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/search.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=bean&username=&B2=Search.

23 Mar 2015