Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > unclear! sentence    

unclear! sentence

Holzauge
Germany

unclear! sentence

Hi colleague. I have recently downloaded a WS which I wanted to make use of in my class and i came across a sentence that seems to be not clear for me. Could any one tell me what is wrong about it?
 American doctors keep warning about ‘overweight kids’ and some things are changing, very slowly. However, a lot of habits seem to be very hard to change. They are part of the American way of life.Fast Food restaurants and fries are still the most popular things to eat … often as a snack between meals.‘’I often come in for a burger after school,’’ says Billy, a teenager from S. Francisco.

Thanks in advance for your help.

27 Mar 2015      

hamidov206
Morocco

Well, maybe be it should read " fast food and fries are still the most popular things to eat"

27 Mar 2015     

Apodo
Australia

Definitely an incorrect sentence!
You can �t eat restaurants. As hamidov206 wrote Fast food and fries is what is meant here. 

27 Mar 2015